A Financial Services Site Suppresses Negative Search Results
A national mortgage lender partnered with Go Fish Digital to suppress negative content in the search results of two high-volume search terms – the name of the company, and the name of their most popular financial planning tool.
The objectives of this campaign were to:
- Suppress negative URLs in the search results by moving up positive content above the negative URLs.
- Optimize the client’s owned web properties to rank as highly as possible for both search queries.
- Fortify the top positive search results to prevent any future negative content from gaining visibility.
- Implemented a series of SEO recommendations to improve rankings for the brand’s primary website, secondary websites, and social profiles.
- Increased the rankings of other positive content by improving their backlink profiles.
- Improved the backlinking profiles of lower-ranking positive content by pitching stories to relevant bloggers in tangential industries.
- Consulted our client on how to optimize and improve key review sites through negative review removal, new review request campaigns, and review response strategies.
Over the 12-month term of the project, search results for both terms improved dramatically. Each negative URL was demoted to page three or lower of the search results, and was replaced by social media channels, positive press, and favorable review sites.