Our Privacy Basics
Our clients’ and users’ privacy is extremely important to us. Organizations that work with Go Fish Digital (“GFD”) own their data. GFD is sometimes the custodian of that data on behalf of the organizations that use GFD. We don’t own any organization communication data besides GFD’s.
Effective: May 1, 2021
This policy describes how GFD treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are accessing GFD’s website or applications in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your relationship with GFD. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your organization owner or administrator. Please check with your employer, organization owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on GFD platforms.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Organization information. When you contact GFD, we may collect your email address , your organization name, your contact information and any other information you volunteer
- Billing information. We may collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase GFD services.
- Log data. When you visit GFD’s website or applications, our tools automatically record information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using to visit GFD plaatforms, including what type of device it is, and what operating system you’re using.
- Geo-location information. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. GFD may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
If you access GFD’s website or applications through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there.
GFD sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. Google Analytics provides their own opt-out. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- To obtain analytics. When we collect data on the number of visitors to our website, the type of visitors, the length of those visits and other information provided by tools like Google Analytics.
- For sales activities. If you contact us to learn about our services, research, company, or tools, or to ask other questions, we may use the information you provide to contact you and may create a profile for you in a CRM where we log our communication with you.
GFD takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the GFD services and tools from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
GFD is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use GFD after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Ready to Improve Your
Rankings and Increase Your Traffic?
Get a custom proposal from Go Fish in 3 easy steps!