Achieving 303 Page One Keyword Rankings With a Single Piece of Content
A Branded Content Case Study
Life Storage, a national storage company, came to Go Fish Digital with the goals of:
- Filling content gaps on its website
- Targeting local areas to boost brand awareness
- Optimizing its website for local search in the Raleigh, NC area
To achieve these objectives, the client requested a robust, branded article.
Our team researched and gathered detailed local knowledge to create a unique piece of content with information that wasn’t readily available on the internet. We also worked with local experts to give us information on businesses, traffic, and the city’s general culture.
The expert knowledge resulted in a useful guide that included general information about moving to Raleigh, NC, along with local insights that potential residents would find helpful. We created an interactive page that broke down the city by zip code and detailing relevant information, including:
- Population % change
- Average Home Value
- Property Tax
- Home price compared to the national average
- Projected home value over the next year
- Wake County school district score
- Crime Index
- Average commute to work
- Average time to the airport
- Distance to various points of interest around the city
This customizable and interactive location-based approach made the guide much more effective and allowed us to stand out from similar content.
The article positioned Life Storage as an authority on the topic while filling a content gap that would help prospective movers. The campaign has provided valuable, ongoing coverage for Life Storage since it was launched in January of 2020. These results include:
- This article ranks 6th for the keyword “Raleigh NC,” which has a monthly search volume of over 87,000 searches.
- 2,997 keyword rankings
- Page 1 rankings for 303 keywords
- Ranks #1 for 13 relevant keywords for the website
- The article has also received feature snippets for 4 keywords
- 9,133 organic sessions on the article page as of June 2020
This article has provided long-term SEO value for the Life Storage site and will continue to do so for years. It also offers a unique opportunity to re-optimize annually with new data and information. This strategy also laid a blueprint that can be replicated for other cities, helping Life Storage get in front of potential customers as they are beginning to research a move.